This is one of my favorites!! My husband says it tastes more like cake than bread.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup canola, vegetable oil, or melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided into 1/4 and 3/4
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a bread pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, melted butter, oil, vanilla extract, and brown sugar. Stir until smooth.
- Put the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Then stir in the shredded zucchini until just combined. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top of the bread. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean, you might have some melted chocolate chips on the toothpick which isn’t a problem, just be carefully not to confuse it for the batter.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
It tastes great with milk or warmed.